share

Director John Singleton on life support


Director John Singleton is on life support after suffering a stroke earlier this month, his spokesperson confirmed.

Despite some outlets reporting Singleton, 51, had died, Barr said the "Boyz n the Hood" director is "still on life support" and said any report to the contrary "is inaccurate."

The hashtag #RIPJohnSingleton was trending on Twitter Monday morning as thousands of tweets poured in, first with condolences and then with confusion.

His family revealed he'd suffered a stroke on April 17.

"... Our beloved son/father, John Singleton, suffered a stroke while at the hospital..." said the statement, provided on April 20 by spokesperson Shannon Barr. "We ask that privacy be given to him and our family at this time and appreciate all of the prayers that have been pouring in from his fans, friends and colleagues."

Taraji P. Henson said she and Tyrese Gibson visited Singleton in the hospital, writing in an Instagram post on Saturday: "You heard my voice and jumped up. I HAVE HOPE AND FAITH BECAUSE I KNOW THAT #GODIS." Henson, who starred in Singleton's "Baby Boy," urged people to "keep praying."

Comments

share

COMMENT

Popular

MUST READ: How I managed to stand against 'Jungle justice -Good Citizen

21 year British medical student turned jihadist pictured holding severed human head

President Buhari appoints 4 new Group Executive Directors for NNPC